Why MEAN Stack?
The components of the MEAN stack are as follows.
- MongoDB, a leading NoSQL database, empowering businesses to be more agile and scalable.
- Express.js, a web application framework that runs on Node.js, providing a robust set of features for building single and multi-page, and hybrid web applications.
- Node.js, an execution environment for easily building fast, scalable network applications.
Benefits of the MEAN Stack
- MEAN Stack is open-sourced.
- Everything runs on a single language.
- A MEAN Stack can run on any operating system.
- It’s ultimately faster and easier to scale. MongoDB is a NoSQL database which optimizes queries.
- Separates the code for maintainability and growth.
MEAN vs. LAMP Stack
LAMP might become outdated in the near future. However, the MEAN Stack is surely an innovative, new, and cutting-edge technology package that will possibly overcome the market shortly.
|Database||MySQL (RDBMS)||MongoDB (NoSQL database)|
|Web Server||Apache: Commonly used||ExpressJS: is a Node.js web application framework|
|Servers||Linux||Node.js (Execution Environment), any OS|
Click “+New” and type MEAN Stack in search the marketplace.
Then, select “MEAN (Bitnami) Stack”.
After reading the description of the MEAN Stack, click “Create”.
Enter VM options
New Create Virtual Machine blade and provide the required following values for configuring our MEAN Stack. Click OK to continue to the next section.
- Enter name of the MEAN Stack.
- Select Disk Type SSD or Hard Disk.
- Enter the Username of the MEAN Stack.
- Select Authentication Type either SSH or Password.
- Enter the Password.
- Select Subscription.
- Resource Group – select an existing resource group, or create a new one.
- Select Location.
Choose a VM size, and then click “Select” to continue.
Storage and Network
In Settings, leave the defaults for Storage and Network values, and click “OK”.
Click Summary to review your choices. When you see the Validation passed message, click “OK”.
So, this is how we can build MEAN Stack on Microsoft Azure Portal.